So I guess I didn't have to worry after all...
And here's my "call story" LOL
So I heard the calls would go out around 9 a.m. Denver time (8 a.m.my time), so at about 7:30 I was obsessively stalking every messageboard I could think of, hitting refresh over & over & over & over... then at about 8:07 a.m. the first post showed up on 2Ps!! It was soooooo exciting and at that very moment my adrenaline went through the ROOF!!!! Last year they had called the winners alphabetically, so I was thinking if I *was* going to be called, it would be early. My kids asked if they could eat their breakfast outside on the playground in the backyard, and I was like, uh, sure... whatever!! LOL
I had just given them their cereal bowls when the phone rang.
My heart stopped.
Ring again.
I looked at the caller ID."Out of Area."
"Ohhhhhh Lord," I said out loud, "BREATHE."
I picked up the phone.
"Hello?"a voice that sounded as if it were on speakerphone said, "Is this Jessie?"
"YES, THIS IS JESSIE!"
"Jessie, this is Michelle Gerbrandt!"
"OHHHHHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY??!?!"
"Yes Jessie, and we just wanted to tell you..."
"OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
(laughter from many people on the other end...)
"We wanted to congratulate you on being selected as one of our 2005 Memory Makers Masters!"
"THAT is AWESOME!!!!! HAHA!!! I am SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!"
(more laughter, and cheers)
"Jessie, your entry was wonderful and inspiring and thoughtful, and we really loved it!"
"Thank you so much, OH MY GOSH DID YOU REALLY JUST CALL ME??!"
"Yes, congratulations again!"
There was more talking and other things such as someone would be contacting me and someone else will be emailing me and something about not posting online and something else and by this point my brain had completely stopped working and I was in a hazy fog of giddiness, pacing from living room to outside to kitchen to outside to living room again... and I hung up the phone and cheered a "WOOHOOOOOO!" once more.
Violet looked at me like I was insane and said, "what the heck just happened, Mommy?" LOL
I couldn't stop smiling all morning... then of course I got online and posted anonymously and realized seconds after I posted that I wasn't supposed to be posting at all (even anon) and I feared for the rest of the day that they would somehow figure it out and strip me of my title since I couldn't even follow the first freaking instruction they gave me.... so I really didn't breathe easily until I saw my name posted on the MM website!!! LOL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment