Friday, August 24, 2007

As of Monday...


...I will be prancing around my house in this happy little apron. I adore it!

...both kids will be starting school. Violet in 2nd grade in my friend Joelle's class (yay!) and Riley at Violet's school in their Early Childhood Ed program. Riley is going to be what's called a "typical peer" in a special ed classroom. He will get the chance to learn about kids who are different (and how they are not so different after all), to model appropriate classroom behaviors, and to go to school 4 mornings a week with his sister. I am really excited about this for Riley. He is thrilled too... because the other two typical peers (in this class of 8 total students!) are his friends. Nothing like stacking the deck in your favor!! Joelle's son and Erin's daughter will be in there with Riley. It will be fantastic. :)

...I will be attempting to stick to a "work" schedule that coincides with Riley's school schedule. So from 9-11:45 every morning I will be doing stuff for my photo business. Hopefully this will start eliminating my late-night editing that always seems to happen. Of course I will be wearing my apron, which I am sure will motivate me even more!! LOL

Well, that's it for now. I have to get back to some late-night photo editing. My day shift doesn't start for a couple more days ;)

3 comments:

Jenene said...

Dude, is that the ONLY thing you'll be wearing around the house while the kids are at school? If so, I'm sure Rrrrick is going to have a lot of sick days in his future! (snort)

Meghan was a typical peer 2 years ago in the KIDS Program autistic class at our school (that class was all day, though...woohoo!). It was great! She learned more there than she did in her pre-k class last year. The teacher/student ratio is the greatest thing, too. This class had 3 aides, 2 peers, and 3 students. Sooo cool. It was almost like one-on-one teaching. Riley's going to L-O-V-E it!

shontell said...

I am just in love with your apron. I have started collecting and making them myself. I wear them usually starting in the afternoon with chores, and on until dinner. I want a couple high ones like yours. Where did you find that one?

Jessie said...

If you click on the apron you can see where I got it. It's from a place called Violet.com ;)