Monday, October 06, 2008

Personal Trainer

So I broke down a few weeks ago and got a personal trainer, since, clearly, I am incapable of working out without some major motivation. Oh that and my scale showed that I weighed the same as when I was 9 months pregnant with Violet. Which is AWESOME. Cause I am not pregnant. But at least I feel like those (stupid) people who ask me if I am pregnant have an excuse... cause, well, apparently I could very well be, according to those stupid notches on the scale.


SO. I got a personal trainer. And it's going GREAT. Best investment ever for me. I see him weekly - every Tuesday, and then I also attend his class on Thursdays, so it's kind of like seeing him twice a week. I also go to one other class or do some sort of workout on at least one other day a week, which has helped immensely.

He has me on a diet for the next 8-12 weeks... it's not awful and actually quite do-able. Mainly the only things I totally *can't* have are dairy and soy. Otherwise it's good proteins, lots of green veggies, a few starches here and there (so I don't go totally insane!), and very limited fruit.

While I am not seeing a huge difference just yet (it's only been 3 weeks), I do *feel* the difference. And that is what matters. :)

I am going to keep him for at least 12 weeks and hopefully by then I can report that my body is looking and feeling much better. And hopefully by then I can have dairy again, cause I really miss cheese. :)

3 comments:

mimba said...

make sure you get some protein shakes for breakfast!!!
hahahahahaha
no really, that's awesome, jess! good job!
:)

Anonymous said...

ya you go girl I am so proud of you!!!

kris and mel said...

i am super duper proud of you. however, i really hoped that there would be pictures of YOU working out--not stock photos!