This poem had to be about two inanimate objects having an argument. I chose shoes. :)
Uninvited
You make me sick, lying smug on the floor,
Smudge marks and scuffs blemishing
Your perfect crimson exterior…
Why are YOU her favorite?
You give her blisters!
You don’t offer support!
Sure, she might wear you all day…
But look at you! Plain white sides,
No heel to speak of,
No shine or color or style.
I make her look amazing.
What do you have to offer her?
I would be a much more suitable choice.
I protect and cushion all day long.
Is it your ripe cherry color?
Your stupid pointed heel
Poised to strike the floor
Like a javelin when she dances?
You don’t impress anyone,
Except perhaps her trainer at the gym.
But later that night, she will put ME on
to go out with him,
While you lie alone in the closet
Uninvited yet again.
By Jessica Baldwin
© 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment