were flowing about this time last night. Liane was over and we were scrapooking. I was helping her create a gift for her friend Anna, who is getting married next month. We made Anna a really great little album as well as an address book. It was Liane's first time scrapping, but she totally fell into the groove so quickly. I love her creative mind - she totally gets me. We think so much alike. It is very cool. We were in such a rhythm last night we didn't stop scrapping until 3:30 a.m. - yes you read that correctly! It was CRAZY!!! She ended up staying over and sleeping on the couch cause I didn't want her driving home at such a freaky hour. Then this morning when we both got up, we finished the projects, made a card, and even decorated a gift bag. Anna's gift ROCKS the house. I can't wait to hear how she reacts to it. I know she's gonna completely love it more than anything. She has to - cause I love it so much!
We went to Papa & Mama Lali's for a family get together for the 4th. Fun and games - we did a water balloon toss with the kids. Riley loved making the balloons pop. We swam in the pool (of course) and Violet had a great time pretending that Shark Boy and Lava Girl were there, too. Rick and I orchestrated a little "treasure hunt" for the kids, too... Violet had to first find the treasure map, and then she and Riley followed it all over the yard until they found the spot in the ground with the "X" on it - and that is where Violet dug up the buried treasure - glow bracelets to wear while we watched fireworks! Dad barbecued burgers for dinner, mom made and apple pie from apples that grew in the backyard, and we all enjoyed watching the fireworks from the end of the cul-de-sac. It was a perfect end to a super holiday weekend. The only thing better would have been if Tinty, Luke, and Carl were here to spend it with us ;)
p.s. happy belated anniversary, Tinty & Luke! The first (and toughest!) year is behind you!! All good stuff from here on out! Wheeeeeeee!
1 comment:
Okay- that sounds like a modern day Rockwell. Too sweet.
Post a Comment