The tall cabinet up there was a serious pain in the butt to put together! Never, never, never order furniture from the Home Decorators Collection catalog, like we did. It wasn't worth the good price. It didn't come with any instructions and when they finally sent the instructions they were completely wrong and useless. None of the pieces were labeled properly and there weren't enough screws and bolts. Finally, after ditching the instructions entirely and figuring it out myself, I got it put together... and then two days later the paint started flaking off the knobs!!! WHAT THE HECK!?!?! Anyway. Stay farrrrr away.
I really love our rad sink... from Lowe's. AWESOME. And the faucet, which Riley chose ;)
The cabinet we got from Bed Bath and Beyond. Night and day from the other one. Easy to put together, clear and concise instructions, and it's really cute and sturdy.
I even got a new medicine cabinet. That was a little tricky to install because the opening for the old one was about an inch too short so we had to remove a stud in the wall. Not a big deal when you have the right tools, but of course we didn't. So it took 98 times longer than it should have. But I love how the medicine cabinet ties in everything so nicely :)
Here's the update on the wood floors... my lovely kitchen! Still needs baseboards but I love love love them. 
And the entryway...
Next we are doing the downstairs guest bedroom... carpet is gone, we just have to remove the padding and the tack strip.
Here's the wood we still have to install.
And the last room we will be doing - the living room. Right now it's a catch-all for all the other crap from the rooms in progress. Hopefully this weekend we will finish the guest room adn most of this stuff can go in there so this room can get started.
And there you have it! Home Improvement Central!!


10 comments:
WOW that looks so awesome, what a great husband you have to do all that hard work for you just becuase he loves you. You should let him buy anything he wants like a new computer so he can play his nerd games :)
me thinks Rick's middle name is anonymous. Also, Handy Manny because your house is looking fantasic. If Rick shaves, I could see it all when I visit.
RICK YOU ARE SUCH A NERD!!!!!!
i love the home improvements!!!! i cannot wait to see it in person!!! only 1 more month!!! yay!
oh, and rick, you are HI-larious!!!
:)
Hi Jessie--so glad you checked into Kidsource. Hopefully we'll see more of you! I love your bathroom...it turned out so pretty. We just did a remodel of our kitchen in January. THAT was a stressful project for me....that's one room that you don't want torn up. I'm so glad it's over. Good luck with the rest of your renovations!!
Haha, Rick!
Jessie, this looks awesome! I love it! Ya'll are doing a great job!
Yes let the man buy a new computer and than you buy something for your hard work :)
Hey Jess,
Are you finished with all your home improvements?
rrrrrrrRICK ROCKS! You should give him WHATEVER he wants!
(Remember, you're supposed to make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate me!)
great job, but in no way are those pictures of your previous bathroom. the real bathroom has stuff everywhere... there's usually a shoe on the counter, and some toothpaste on the mirror.
O.....M.......G!!!! your house loooks AMAAAAAZING!!! i lovelovelovelovelove it! and rick baldwin--you crack me up!
Post a Comment